Medical scribe will work side-by-side with a healthcare provider to document patient encounters in real-time. Candidate must be organized, efficient, dependable, have a strong work ethic and excellent verbal and written English skills. Candidate must be able to multi-task, prioritize, complete work assignments and be able to adapt to frequently changing priorities in a busy working environment. Candidate must be physically capable of standing for long periods of time and may be subjected to stress, frustration, fatigue and verbal abuse by patients and family. This is a full-time position, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 6:30am to 5:30pm. Pay rate DOE.
Essential Job Functions
- Accompany physician into the patient room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated.
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology test, medications, etc.
- Document any procedure performed by the physicians.
- Maintain EHR record to provider’s specifications
- Adhere to changes that have to be documented in the EHR system
- Maintain patient confidentially.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Experience Required
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
- Courteous with the public.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with managers and peers and have a team player attitude.