Elmore Community Hospital is looking for a Registered Nurse to work in the Med Surge to care for our patients and facilitate their speedy recovery. You will be responsible for educating them and their families on prevention and healthy habits. The ideal candidate will be a responsible and well-trained professional able to give the best nursing care with little supervision. You will be compassionate and cool-tempered. You will be able to follow health and safety guidelines faithfully and consistently. The goal is to promote patient’s well-being by providing high quality nursing care.
Pay depending on experience
- Monitor patient’s condition and assess their needs to provide the best possible care and advice
- Assess and chart observations of the patient’s condition at each visit
- Complete evaluation tasks, including reviewing medication and vital signs.
- Administer Physician-prescribed medication.
- Dress or redress wounds and assess the healing progress.
- Provide education to patients and families on proper home health care procedures and strategies.
- Coordinate with Physicians, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and other individuals in the patient’s care plan.
- Keep the patient comfortable through palliative care.
- Recommend tools or devices that may improve the quality of life for the patient.
- Proven experience as a registered nurse
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of emergency care
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination etc.) and willingness to follow them at all times
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Patient with excellent problem-solving skills
- BSc or other diploma from a nursing program
- Valid nursing license
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.30 – $45.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wetumpka, AL 36092: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- RN License (Required)
Work Location: In person