Position Overview: Take radiographic images of specific parts of a patient’s body, which a physician or Nurse Practitioner has requested in order to make a diagnosis. Need to have a thorough understanding of imaging equipment and x-ray procedures and, as they are required to interact with patients, they should also have solid communication skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Taking x-ray images of patients and also making a copy (film) of their skeletal structure for diagnosis and treatment purposes
- Calming patients down and making sure that they fully understand how the procedure works
- Covering the patient(s) with protective materials to avoid over-exposure to radiation, which is harmful
- Studying the x-ray films so as to be able to prepare a detailed report of what was discovered for the physician-in-charge
- Ensuring that repairs and replacement of treatment equipment are done in a timely manner
- Making and keeping copies of x-rays.
Must possess excellent communication skills on all fronts
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Must be someone that pays keen attention to details
- Must display a high level of flexibility in the process of carrying out assigned duties. This may entail filling in for other colleagues in the face of tight schedules
- Must be willing and able to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to analyze complex situations within a limited time-frame
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of human anatomy
- Must have a clear understanding of how to handle and operate medical imaging equipment
May be required to be on your feet for long periods of time
Frequently exposed to noise and regular flow of patients around the office
Frequently assigned to changing priorities
Subject to stress, frustration and fatigue
May be subjected to verbal abuse by patients and family.
The above specific responsibilities and duties are intended to be representative of the major duties performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this job description. I have read this information and I fully understand what is expected of me. I have read and understand the above job description and fully understand conditions set forth therein, and shall perform these duties to the best of my ability.
Pay is based on experience