Part-time or Full-time
Day shift, Monday – Friday
No call, weekends or holidays
Our Outpatient Surgery Department has an opening for an experienced Surgical Technologist in a Part-time to Full time position. We provide care to pediatric through geriatric populations in a variety of outpatient surgical specialties.
- Responsible for rigidly observing surgical aseptic technique.
- Prepares operating room with proper equipment, instruments, sutures, sponges, and other materials necessary to perform scheduled surgical procedures.
- Passes instruments, blades, sponges, suture, and other needed objects during surgical procedures and is accountable for maintaining an accurate count of all items used during the procedure in collaboration with the Registered Nurse
- Actively participates in the Surgery Checklist including Time Out to verify patient, procedure, special supplies/needs available, medications and allergies.
- Participates in the collection, identification and appropriate transport of specimens
- Assists in clean-up of room cleaning, decontamination of instruments and equipment using proper techniques for contaminated articles.
- Assembles surgical trays and sterilizes trays by appropriate method. Performs and documents required testing on sterilization equipment and cycles
- Preserves the confidential nature of items of which he/she has knowledge.