RN PACU / Post Anesthesia Care Unit.
Our Ambulatory Surgery Department has an opening for an RN in PACU.
- Provide direct nursing care for anesthetized patients in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period. We care for pediatric through geriatric populations.
- Follow aseptic sterile technique according to Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses / American Society of Peri Anesthesia Nurses (AORN/ASPAN) standards.
- Assess the physical and psychological status of patients, provide interventions/treatments and evaluate effectiveness of care to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate
- Manage patient’s pain.
- Anticipate case-specific needs based on knowledge of procedure(s) performed and pathophysiology.
- Assess and coordinate discharge planning needs with patient, family, and members of the healthcare team.
- Evaluate learning needs of patient and family and provide age-specific and culturally appropriate
PRN or Part time position, day shift, Monday through Friday. No call, weekends or holidays.
Current Alabama RN license, BLS, ACLS and PALS required. Minimum 2 year experience in PACU required