Our Ambulatory Surgery department has an opening for an experienced circulating nurse. Our RN circulators provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of the Hospital. In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family and other members of the health care team, the RN circulator assume responsibility for the management and delivery of patient care in the intraoperative setting utilizing the nurse process. They also assists the anesthesia provider and surgeon with patient-related care activities.
- Provides care to surgical patients in the OR according to policy and procedure and care standards.
- Maintains knowledge of medications, equipment, expected patient outcomes during surgery and anticipated complications.
- Coordinates patient care with multidisciplinary team.
- Acts to protect and advocate for patient’s best interest.
- Satisfactorily demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties outlined in this job description as well as continually demonstrates competency in performing the job duties.
Part time to full time position. Day shift, Monday through Friday. No call, weekends or holidays.
Current Alabama RN license, BLS, ACLS and PALS required. Minimum 2 year experience as circulating nurse required