IVY CREEK HEALTHCARE
SCHEDULE: TUESDAYS FROM 7:30AM – 12:00PM AND AS NEEDED.
OVERVIEW: Performs ultrasounds for diagnostic purposes. Follows established requirements and regulations to ensure patient care and safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares patients for ultrasounds procedures. Escorts patients to ultrasound room, provide verbal and/or written instructions.
- Operates ultrasound machine to produce best possible images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Fills out impression sheets as required.
- Ensures ultrasound machine remains in working order. Reports equipment malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary supplies.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Works as a team member within the radiology department and all other departments, assists other departments when needed.
- Performs all other duties assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- ability to work with patients of all ages (infant to geriatric).
- Graduate of an accredited sonography program.
- National registration with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and/or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (sonography) (ARDMS OR ARRTS) or registry eligible.
- CPR certification.
- Knowledge of ultrasound protocols.
- Work week may vary Monday through Friday.
- Frequently exposed to noise and regular flow of hospital patients.
- Subject to stress, frustration, and fatigue.
- May be subjected to verbal abuse by patients and family members.
- Work is of medium physical demand, requiring bending, lifting, stooping, stretching, and walking. Frequent moving and lifting of patients is required.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school graduate or equivalent required: graduate of a School of Diagnostic Ultrasound. Must be ARDMS or be currently registered through AART(S) or ARDMS based on graduating from a Diagnostic Ultrasound program. Requires manual dexterity. Must possess reasoning ability and good independent judgment. Must remain aware of patient condition at all times. Must Possess effective communication skills. Must be able to assist and maneuver patient to and from wheelchairs, stretchers, and beds.
Must be efficient in general, vascular, and OB/GYN ultrasound. Preferred echo experience or willing to learn echo.