RN PACU position
Our Ambulatory Surgery Department has an opening for an experienced PACU RN. Our PACU nurses provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of the Hospital. The PACU nurse uses her knowledge of anesthesia and perioperative factors and skills to manage the care of the patient following surgery. The PACU nurse provides post op education and instructions to the patient and family member in preparation of discharge. They also assist the anesthesia provider and surgeon with patient-related care activities.
- Provides care to surgical patients in the OR according to policy and procedure and care standards.
- Maintains knowledge of anesthesia related postoperative needs, surgical procedures, medications, equipment, expected patient outcomes following surgery and potential complications.
- Coordinates patient care with multidisciplinary team.
- Acts to protect and advocate for patient’s best interest.
- Satisfactorily demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties outlined in this job description as well as continually demonstrates competency in performing the job duties.
Full Time and Part time position.
Day shift (7:00am-3:30pm)
Monday through Friday. No call, weekends or holidays.
Current Alabama RN license, BLS, ACLS and PALS required. Minimum 1 year experience as post-anesthesia nurse required
$26.00-36.00/hour based on years of experience.