Position Overview: Works to facilitate patient flow and ensure an accurate and complete medical record for each patient. Duties not limited to any one physician or CRNP in the practice. Detail list below.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet and assist patients in a kind and friendly manner.
- Check patients in for appointment, labs and injections and put in work flow in a timely manner.
- Verify insurance, collect co-pays and other payments as needed.
- Schedule current and new patient appointments with providers get approval for new patients when necessary.
- Answer phone in a timely manner.
- Give patient proper paperwork for updates and new patients.
- Correctly input patient’s information into MedConnect.
- Scan insurance cards and photo ID into MedConnect.
- Balance cash drawer and deposit at close of day.
- Assist patients with refill request and nurse questions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Smiling, friendly and courteous with the public.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with managers and peers and have a team player attitude.
Frequently exposed to noise and regular flow of patients around the office
Frequently assigned to changing priorities
Subject to stress, frustration and fatigue
May be subjected to verbal abuse by patients and family. The above specific responsibilities and duties are intended to be representative of the major duties performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this job description.
Pay based on experience.