Full-Time Medical Assistant Needed for Ivy Creek Family Care of Holtville
Position Overview: Works to facilitate patient flow and ensure an accurate and complete medical record for each patient. Duties not limited to any one physician or CRNP in the practice. Detail list below. This is a full-time position.
Essential Job Functions
- Interviews patients, take and record vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient’s chart and escort patients to exam rooms.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required.
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician.
- Assist physician in exam rooms as needed.
- Give injections, perform EKG’s and draw labs as needed.
- Maintain patient confidentially.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
- Courteous with the public.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with managers and peers and have a team player attitude.