Lake Martin Home Health is looking to hire a Full time LPN/LVN. Pay is $33,000-$39,000/yr.
Job Summary. The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Qualifications: Must possess a current Alabama state license as a licensed practical nurse.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Provides direct patient care as defined in the state Nurse Practice Act.
- Implements plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
- Assesses and provided patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
- Assists the registered nurse or physician in performing specialized procedures and duties, which include preparing equipment and materials for treatments, observing aseptic technique as required, and assisting the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Practices in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietician) to the registered nurse and/or Clinical Supervisor.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational program.
- Has three (3) years nursing experience. Community/home health or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
- Currently licensed as an LPN or licensed vocational nurse in the state.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Possesses and maintains CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements anf is in good working order.