Seeking a motivated team-player to fill this multi-functional, hybrid position.
Please read Job Functions thoroughly for full description.
Position Overview: Works to facilitate patient flow and ensure an accurate and complete medical record for each patient. Duties not limited to any one provider within the practice. Detail list below.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs appropriate patient procedures (e.g. urinalysis, strep/flu test)
- Completes laboratory requisition forms, ensuring correct patient and insurance information is attached.
- Ensures proper handling of all specimens needing to be sent to hospital.
- Give injections as needed.
- Draw labs on scheduled patients and lab only patients.
- Functions as a liaison between patient/family and physician/practitioners as appropriate.
- Keeps laboratory clean and well stocked.
- Calls patients with lab results.
- Monitors nurse line and responds timely and accordingly to messages.
- Monitors and completes all refill requests through nurse line and patient portal.
- Request medical records as per providers request, ensuring appropriate release documents are completed and signed.
- Schedule patient referrals while patient is still in office unless prior authorization is required.
- Complete Prior Authorization or Pre-Certification as required by insurance.
- Provide all necessary documents (office notes, labs, imaging, Medicaid referral etc.) to the referred provider.Call patients to remind them of their appointment the day before.
- Scan patient information into EHR under the correct heading.
- Complete Patient 1st Medicaid referrals.
- Provide patient with orders to take to imaging facility for diagnostics; schedule if necessary.
- Maintain patient confidentially.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Smiling, friendly and courteous with the public.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with managers and peers and have a team player attitude.
Preferred Experience (Not Required):
- Medical Assistant
- Prior Authorizations
- Pre Certifications