Ivy Creek Hospice in Dadeville is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant/Biller. Pay range is $13-$15/ hr DOE.
- Office Mail
Take outgoing mail and retrieve incoming mail, distributing mail as appropriate
- Office phone
Unrolling the phones at the beginning of the day and rolling the phones at the end of the day to/from the answering service
Answering the telephone using proper telephone etiquette, transferring calls as necessary, taking messages and ensuring messages are delivered in a timely manner
- Maintain copies of all utilized forms/packets ensuring professional, neat appearance and readily available to users
- Software processes
All duties involving patient medical records such as scheduling, scanning documents, creation of charts, creation of benefit periods, complete work flow from referral to admission to discharge, etc
- Ensuring that all orders are signed within 30 days of being givenNotification of supervisor for outstanding/late orders
- Verification of insurance benefits Assist billing agent with processing, submitting, and follow up of claims to all payor sources on a monthly basisAssist leadership/billing agent with management of all financial data and reporting. Processes routine lists, reports and forms related to entering, editing and processing of accounts receivable. Communicates with supervisor regarding late or missing documents required for billing
- Monitors fax machine and routes documents as appropriate
- Attends all staff meetings, participates fully, makes suggestions for improvements as identified
- Maintains confidentiality of all patients’ health information.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Represents a caring, friendly and professional attitude to the patient/family or public that he/she has contact with.
- Follows established hospital policies and infection control program.
- Assumes responsibility for self-improvement by attendance at in-service classes, staff meetings and education related to personal growth and departmental needs.