Lake Martin Home Health is looking for a Part-time or PRN Home Health Aide.
Pay is $12.00 per visit/hourly; DOE.
The home health aide is a paraprofessional member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse or therapist and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the patient’s needs. The home health aide is responsible for observing patients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
The home health aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient’s care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the home health aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Providing hands-on personal care including:
B. Back rubs
C. Oral hygiene
E. Changing bed linen
F. Assisting patients with dressing and undressing
G. Skin care to prevent breakdown
H. Assisting the patient with toileting activities
I. Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
2. Taking and recording oral, axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration when ordered (with appropriate completed /demonstrated skills competency).
3. Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
4. Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
5. Performing simple procedures as an extension of nursing services as ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
6. Meeting safety needs of patients and using equipment safely and property (foot stools, side rails, etc.).
7. Reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse.
8. Adhering to the Organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
1. Meets the training requirements and successfully completed:
A. A training and competency evaluation program that meets §484.80 (b) and (c); or
B. A competency evaluation that meets the requirements of §484.80 (c); or
C. A nurse aide training and competency evaluation approved by the state as meeting the requirements of §483.151 through §483.154 and is currently in good standing on the state nurse aide registry; or
D. The requirements of a state licensure program that meets the provisions of §484.80
(b) and (c).
2. At least 18 years of age.
3. Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
4. Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
5. Empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
6. Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
7. Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
8. Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with Organization requirements and is in good working order.