Hours: 2:00pm to 10:30pm, Monday through Friday
Fully benefited and accumulates earned time off
Additional $2/hour shift differential on top of base pay
Is responsible for providing timely and courteous service to patients, physicians, and hospital staff by performing lab analysis accurately and efficiently.
Must be willing to work rotating Weekends and Holidays as needed.
Must be proficient in phlebotomy or willing to learn, although there is a lab assistant on the shift.
- Performs waived, moderate, and high complexity diagnostic laboratory procedures.
- Calibrates, standardizes, operates, maintains, and troubleshoots various instruments following established procedures.
- Performs quality control to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents, and procedures.
- Performs routine analyzer maintenance as specified.
- Recognizes instrument malfunctions or out-of-control test results and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Understands and participates in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing: pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical.
- Must maintain positive relationships with coworkers and colleagues.
(MT) A bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or a related science. National MLS certification (ASCP) or equivalent is preferred but not required.
(MLT) An associate’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology. National MLT certification (ASCP) or equivalent is required.
Previous work experience desired but not required.
$20 – $37/hour based on education and experience