Elmore Community Hospital, Wetumpka AL
Certified Medical Laboratory Scientist (MT/MLS) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
7 on/7 off
*(MT) A Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Medical Technology, or a related science or (MLT) An Associate’s Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science
*A National MLS/ MLT certification (ASCP) or equivalent is required.
* Applicants who do not meet all necessary requirements will not be considered unless they are current mls/mlt students or recent graduates.*
Previous work experience as an MLS/MLT heavily desired
Is responsible for providing timely and courteous service to patients, physicians, and hospital staff by performing lab analysis accurately and efficiently
- Performs waived, moderate, and high complexity diagnostic laboratory procedures.
- Calibrates, standardizes, operates, maintains, and troubleshoots various instruments following established procedures.
- Performs quality control to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents, and procedures.
- Performs routine analyzer maintenance as specified.
- Recognizes instrument malfunctions or out-of-control test results and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Responsible for all documentation required for the tasks performed.
- Adheres to infection control and safety practices according to policies and procedures.
- Performs compliance requirements
- Understands and participates in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing: pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical.
- Must maintain positive relationships with coworkers and colleagues.
Competitive, evaluated on a case by case basis