The Ivy Creek Hospice Administrative Assistant / Biller is responsible for coordination of all office related functions, for timely and accurate processes related to billing and payment processes, and general oversight of office processes to ensure efficient and smooth daily workflow.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Proficient in computer skills and office equipment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Billing experience preferred
- Ability to communicate and understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to walk and stand frequently.
- Interpersonal skills required to assist patients and their families, as well as, professional interaction with a variety of hospital/hospice personnel.
- Knowledge of patient rights and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Agency’s services and availability.
- Knowledge of hospital/hospice policies and procedures, fire, safety, disaster plans and infection control policies.
- Knowledge of Medicare COPs, Medicaid Policies, State Licensure Rules and Regulations, Hospice Standards of Care, and Agency Policy and Procedures